Let’s talk about our Power Level. At ‘Database Comics’, we rank feats based on their weight (tons or tons of TNT), and actually calculate the weights using various measures.
Before, we get into the Power Level, let’s see an example of calculating a feat!
In ‘Power Man #17’, Luke Cage barrels through a 1.5 m x 3 m titanium door as Smythe Orville’s sky skate attempts its escape in flight! How do we calculate the amount of strength necessary to break open the doors with his feet?
We use the concepts of pound-force or pound-inch force and shear strength. The equation is F (lbf-in) = P (in) x T (in) x PSI (lb-sqin).
F is the force, P is the perimeter, T is the thickness of metal, and PSI is the shear strength!
Here are some general guidelines for weighing feats!
- The first general rule is that comic book superheroes do not obey the laws of physics. Bazonkers, right! The superheroes exist in a shared fictional universe with fantastical elements where the laws of physics are consistently broken by higher beings or life forms capable of accomplishing great feats with their super powers.
- The purpose of weighing feats is to obtain an average of the characters’ feats in order to eventually assign a power level.
- The importance of subjecting comic book superheroes to scientific metrics is to help in weighing and quantifying the superheroes’ power level according to their comic book ages (Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, Modern Age), though our present concern is the Modern Age.
- Though comic book superheroes exist in a fantastical shared universe, the concept of the feat rests on the existence of super powers. This website does not claim that humans have super powers, however, it attempts to bridge the divide between entertainment and science, to create a form of comic book science, one that is an adapted real-world science that applies the methods of the scientific metrics of measurements to “weigh” feats.
Easy Products Finder Guide
Find the best in a moment by our guided box.
Hey! What type of products do you want to buy?
Choose the type of products you want to buy. We will help you find that.
No Result Found
Thank You for your feedback
We will reach back to you soon.
Your personal result
More results that suit you
GUIDELINES FOR WEIGHING FEATS
- Weighing feats first requires that we treat the feat on the page as a fictional physical system.
- We simplify our assumptions. For instance, Power Man repeatedly kicking in mid-air Orville Smythe’s sky skate’s titanium doors, can be simplified into a case of calculating the amount of pound-force necessary to overcome titanium’s shear strength over a unit area.
- We take super powers into account. We conceive super powers not in terms of physical ability, which would force us to calculate their matter/energy output at the cellular or macro-molecular levels; but in terms of durability/power/energy/force output. This simplifies calculations and energy conversion in most cases. For instance, in ‘Superman #185’, Superman faces the menace of Major Force. Major Force’s skin has been powered with the Dilustel Armor, an alien metal possessing the power of an H-bomb. It can be assumed, then, that Major Force can take the explosion of an H-bomb and survive. We have to assume, then, that his Dilustel Armor has at least the melting point of an H-bomb and his durability is able to withstand the energy released by an H-bomb. Calculating durability involves a calculation of latent heat of fusion added to the durability related to the amount of thermal energy released by an H-bomb.
- We apply scientific laws and scenarios to a fictional universe that bends the laws of general relativity within the space-time continuum. This requires the ability to scale the dimensions in the real-world, to the system on the page. It is a fictional scale and sometimes, it is necessary to also gauge the feat displayed in our calculations to measure its “power”.
- The comic book fictional universe is filled with fantastical science-fiction elements. One of them, is the fictional dimension called the Speed Force, that powers the feats of the superhero named The Flash. These elements require us to treat the fictional universe as one that operates according to meta-scientific laws, that is, laws of the universe that allow for the existence of superheroes, gods and extra-dimensional beings. One guideline, in this regard, is to relay fictional dimensions to real-world phenomena such as the speed of light and its relation to general relativity; or to a durability/power/energy/force output according to which machines operate.
The Power Level system is a metric according to the Systeme International that weighs the feats of superheroes from the lowest possible level (Human) to the highest possible level (Absolute infinity).
It is based on two important elements: Durability/power/energy/force output in tons or J and destructive power in tons of TNT.
Refer to the Destructive Capacity and Durability.
HUMAN: 0.01 – 0.5 Ton
This includes from Civilian, Brawler to Athlete, Master, Assassin and Peak Human.
METAHUMAN: 0.5 – 30 Ton
This includes from Metahuman, Warrior, Street Level to Team-Buster and Gang-Buster.
BUILDING: 30 Ton – 300,000 Tons
This includes from Army Level to the strength necessary to lift or shatter a building with a punch or force .
CITY BLOCK: 300,000 – 10,000,000 Tons
This includes from Army Level and Nuke Level to the strength necessary to lift or shatter a city with a punch or force.
MOUNTAIN: 10,000,000 – 10E+12 Tons
This includes from Nuke Level to the strength necessary to lift or shatter a mountain with a punch or force. This requires 100 – 999 MegaTons of TNT.
CONTINENT: 10E+12 – 10E+21 Tons
This includes from multi-Nuke Level to the strength necessary to lift or shatter a continent with a punch or force. This requires 1 – 4.2 GigaTons of TNT.
PLANET: 10E+21 – 10E+24 Tons
This includes the strength necessary to move a planet out of its orbit or shatter it.
This includes the strength necessary to move the sun out of its orbit or shatter it. This generates the durability/power/energy/force output of the sun.
This generates the durability/power/energy/force output of the solar system.
This generates the durability/power/energy/force output of the universe. This involves breaking, creating and re-arranging the laws of the universe within the space-time continuum.
This generates the durability/power/energy/force output of the multiverse. This involves breaking, creating and re-arranging the laws of the multiverse within the space-time continuum. It involves extra-dimensional energies and durability/power/energy/force output on the multiversal scale.
DAMAGE SCALE FOR BATTLES OF THE WEEK
(1 Damage PT x Strength Level/Super Speed Level/Fighting Skills Level x 1 ton TNT)/(4.2×109 J).
(3 Damage PTS x Strength Level/Energy Projection Level/Super Speed Level/Fighting Skills Level x 1 ton TNT)/(4.2×109 J).
(4 Damage PTS x Fighting Skills Level/Intelligence Level x 1 ton TNT)/(4.2×109 J).
(5 Damage PTS x Energy Projection Level/Fighting Skills Level/Intelligence Level x 1 ton TNT)/(4.2×109 J).
(5 Damage PTS x Energy Projection Level x 1 ton TNT)/(4.2×109 J).
(6 Damage PTS x Energy Projection Level/Intelligence Level x 1 ton TNT)/(4.2×109 J).
Battle Field Removal:
(6 Damage PTS x Energy Projection Level/Super Strength Level/Super Speed Level/Intelligence Level x 1 ton TNT)/(4.2×109 J).
(8 Damage PTS x Energy Projection Level x 1 ton TNT)/(4.2×109 J).
(9 Damage PTS x Super Strength Level/Energy Projection Level/Super Speed Level x 1 ton TNT)/(4.2×109 J).
Solar/SOLAR SYSTEM-Busting Attacks:
(10 Damage PTS x Super Strength Level/Energy Projection Level/Super Speed Level x 1 ton TNT)/(4.2×109 J).
(11 Damage PTS x Super Strength Level/Energy Projection Level/Super Speed Level x 1 ton TNT)/(4.2×109 J).
(12 Damage PTS x Super Strength Level/Energy Projection Level/Super Speed Level x 1 ton TNT)/(4.2×109 J).
Years of experience with primary, secondary and higher education. Able to pass standardized tests and work a 9-5 job. Strong ability to network and solve problems on the scale of community and region.
Years of experience with theoretical science, applied science and technology. Either a combatant or a PhD, graduate or undergraduate. Works in teams of 5 or alone. Possesses technical skills. Can solve problems on the scale of community and region.
Is able to process less than 1 terabyte of information. Works in teams of 5 or less. Capable of destabilizing governments or terrorist organizations. Extensive years of experience with theoretical science, applied science and technology. Either an expert combatant or a PhD. Possesses strong managerial and organizational skills. Can organize teams, armies and organizations on the national scale.
LEADER: 10^12 BYTES
Able to process the information of populations, communities and regions on the way to a national scale. Skilled with theoretical science, applied science, technology, organization, planning and strategy. Typically leads teams of more than 5 members, armies, organizations and governments. As leader, can destabilize governments and terrorist organizations. Intelligent enough to model a natural process with a supercomputer and can process up to 1 terabyte of information.
GENIUS: 10^12-1199*10^15 BYTES
Able to process 0.2 percent of the information on the Internet and above. Skilled with theoretical science, applied science, technology and systems. Lacks resources on a global scale.
INVENTOR: 1200*10^15 BYTES
Able to process all the information on the Internet. Skilled with theoretical science, applied science, technology and systems. Capable of destabilizing human civilization’s infrastructure with planning, strategy and resources.
MATHEMATICAL COMPUTATION: 10^15 – 10^40 BYTES
Able to comprehend all physical processes on the planetary, solar, solar system, galaxy and universal scale to the last atom. Lives in a deterministic universe and can predict the behavior of matter and energy to the Planck scale.
ADAPTIVE EVOLUTION: 10^40 – 1.225*10^75 BYTES
Able to evolve by incorporating knowledge and information on the planetary, solar, solar system, galaxy and universal scale. Like an artificial intelligence, an alien or a god that can evolve by interfacing with technology and upgrading technological apparatus. Include the ability to evolve technology, adaptation and evolution, reversing or altering geologic, planetary, stellar, galactic and universal forces by understanding, merging or nigh omniscience of a particular system.
COSMIC: 1.225*10^75+ BYTES
Altering the cosmic hierarchy by changing cosmic forces. Nigh-omniscience that allows to manipulate with technology, artifact or super power the forces of the universe to the last atom. Scientific prediction allows for time manipulation, space travel, interdimensional travel, the conversion of life to information in a matter of hours, the ability to convert one’s self to digital information, the ability to process information on the scale of the galaxy. Involves an intelligence that processes information in AU or 8 light years. Cosmic awareness.
Simultaneous processing of all the information in the universe. Cosmic awareness. Merging with the universe. The ability to create the Big Bang through technology or super power.
Simultaneous processing of all the information in the multiverse. Merging with the multiverse.