IN POWER LEVEL
THE DC HIERARCHY OF INTELLIGENCE HAS COLUANS AS ITS STANDARD
THE DC HIERARCHY OF INTELLIGENCE
IN “SUPERMAN’S TOP 10 MOST WANTED,” BRAINIAC IS LISTED AS A 12TH-LEVEL INTELLECT
- Shrinking entire cities into bottles.
- Creating impenetrable force-fields.
- Sending armies of Brainiac probes to invade planets.
- Telepathic attacks on the Justice League.
- Converting life into digital information on his Skull-ship.
- Creating a solar aggressor in order to detonate a sun.
- Displaying superhuman strength to hold his own against Superman.
- His Coluan brain can process the knowledge of “seventy times seven octodecillion beings.”1
THE ENTIRE 31ST CENTURY EARTH IS A 9TH LEVEL INTELLECT
SEVERAL KRYPTONIANS OF THE HOUSE OF EL ARE LISTED BY THE COLLECTOR AS 8TH LEVEL INTELLECTS
- Predicted the destruction of Krypton.
- Created Superman’s birthing matrix and rocketed him to Earth.
- Discovered the Phantom Zone and housed Kryptonian criminals there.
- Member of the Kryptonian Science Council.
- Survived the destruction of Krypton.
- Built the Fortress of Solitude.
- Engineered the super robots.
- Invented the Vanishing device to open wormholes to Metropia, a pocket dimension in the Phantom Zone.
- Can operate the Phantom Zone projector.
- Built Jimmy Olsen’s signal watch.
- Memorized the entirety of the Miracle Machine in an instant.
- Can calculate air pressure when flying.
- Creates a serum to heal Mon-El of lead poisoning.
- Memorized a library of medical information in seconds.
- Articulated the Unified Field Equation.
- Located Krypton with his radar sense.
IN THE 21ST CENTURY, LEX LUTHOR IS THE HIGHEST RATED INTELLECT, BETWEEN A 7TH AND A 9TH-LEVEL INTELLECT
- Creates the Warsuit, a high powered mech armor/suit designed to take down Superman.
- Outhacked Brainiac.
- Turned the sun red in order to kill 100,000 Supermen.
- Created an alternate timeline with the Worlogog where Darkseid enslaved the Earth with the Anti-Life Equation.
- Created JLA duplicates with the Worlogog.
- Cured an incurable disease.
- Split Supergirl into Good Supergirl and Evil Supergirl.
- Hacked into the Hellbat armor, the most advanced tech on DC’s Earth.
- Hacked into the Justice League communications systems.
- Lex Luthor armed Superman with a syringe containing solar fuel that will cause him to explode with a 200 megaton blast, to stop an alien armada.
IN THE 21ST CENTURY, THE ENTIRE EARTH IS AT A 6TH-LEVEL INTELLECT
The 21st century Earth is connected by a network connecting machines and computers called the Internet.
Some pieces of technology more advanced than the Internet:
- The Batcomputer.
- The Justice League Watchtower.
- The Justice League Teleporter.
- Mister Terrific’s T-spheres.
- The Atom’s Bio Belt.
- Steel’s Steel Power Armor.
- Lex Luthor’s Warsuit.
- Flash’s Cosmic Treadmill.
- Batman’s Brother Eye.
- Superman’s Phantom Zone Projector.
- Wonder Woman’s Purple Healing Ray.
- Dr. Will Magnus’ Responsometer.
- The Thanagarian Absorbascon.
- T.O. Morrow’s Computer Forecaster.
GENIUSES ON 21ST CENTURY EARTH
Similarly, the DC hierarchy of intelligence uses the Coluan system of intelligence. However, Earth continues to use the term “genius”. To this end, the term denotes individuals with tremendous or superhuman intellectual capabilities.
On Earth, there are different geniuses by category, specialty and capability.
Here, these are individuals that are the apex of human achievement. Incredibly, they have the resources to conquer the Earth, stop alien invasions and destabilize other planets. In fact, their achievements in science, technology, business and politics involve power over a planet.
Or, the ability to conquer other alien races, and plan against/for universal catastrophes.
INVENTORS AND SCIENTIFIC GENIUSES
Incredibly, these individuals display tremendous scientific and technological achievements. Similarly, they have specialties in robotics, engineering, physics, weaponry and science. Moreover, they invent advanced technology, weaponry and make contributions to science.
MR. TERRIFIC, THE ATOM, STEEL
Spectacularly, these individuals are experts in multiple fields. Incredibly, they are able to create revolutionary technology, solve problems at the local all the way to the universal scale. Moreover, they have enough planning to conquer the world, or the universe.
To sum, they are experts in fields such as engineering, medicine, science, physics, chemistry. Also, are included various forms of human skills such as planning, strategy, management and business.
INVENTORS IN SPECIALIZED FIELDS
Creatively, these individuals are extraordinary geniuses in their fields of expertise. In a true sense, they are inventors that made ground-breaking or revolutionary inventions. In fact, their discoveries further human technology. These include artificial intelligence, engineering and mathematics.
To sum, they are geniuses in the true sense and are able to think in creative ways.
PROFESSOR IVO, DR. WILL MAGNUS, T.O. MORROW, HIRO OKAMURA, CYBORG
|Legion of Super-Heroes Vol 8 3 in DC Database.|
Action Comics Vol 2 3 in DC Database.
Action Comics Vol 2 7 in DC Database.
Superman Vol 3 15 in DC Database.
9 Questions About Lex Luthor, Answered in CBR.com.
- Action Comics #868.
DB COMICS MAILBAG
IN POWER LEVEL EXPLAINED
In Power Level Explained, I explain the Power Level Scale and the Intelligence Scale.
I also preview a post on the DC Hierarchy of Intelligence.
IN DC DAY EXPLAINED
BRAINIAC’S AI IS A 12TH LEVEL INTELLECT THAT IS PROGRAMMED TO PROCESS THE INFORMATION OF THE GALAXY
In ‘Action Comics’ (2000) #868, Superman makes first contact with Brainiac’s main AI aboard the Brainiac Skull Ship. Brainiac reveals his programming for the first time. His programming is to process the information of the galaxy within hours. Brainiac’s information processing is impressive since his Coluan brain can process the knowledge of “over seventy times seven octodecillion beings.”1
Brainiac’s programming causes him to seek the entirety of knowledge of a given culture or civilization. When he learnt that the last Kryptonian was alive, Brainiac sought to capture him in order to process his information and complete his knowledge of Krypton. The reality is that Brainiac’s AI eradicates every culture whose information it processes. Hence, when it found Superman, Brainiac sought to process his information since he had already bottled Kandor and Argo. In fact, Brainiac is a 12th level intellect and is known to be the most intelligent being in the DC Universe.
A 12th level intellect is a term that was used to describe some of the smartest people in the universe. Metron claimed that only a 12th level intellect could have the slightest hope of solving the Anti-Life Equation and survive.
BRAINIAC’S 12TH LEVEL INTELLECT FAR SURPASSES THE INFORMATION OF THE INTERNET
Brainiac’s 12th level intellect can process the knowledge of “over seventy times seven octodecillion beings.”1 Knowledge is a function of neural information and it can be stated that Brainiac’s AI far surpasses the information on Earth’s Internet.
When converted in bytes, Brainiac’s AI processes 1.225*1075 bytes of information. In comparison, the Internet accounts for at least 1,200 petabytes of information. In fact, Brainiac is about 1057 times more intelligent than the Internet.
“…Most computational neuroscientists tend to estimate human storage capacity somewhere between 10 terabytes and 100 terabytes, though the full spectrum of guesses ranges from 1 terabyte to 2.5 petabytes. (One terabyte is equal to about 1,000 gigabytes or about 1 million megabytes; a petabyte is about 1,000 terabytes.)
- Action Comics #868.