Welcome To The Battle Ranker Competition
The Battle Ranker ranks the most popular characters in comics by formidability (that is, wins) and performance (that is, trending and popularity).
- Every week at least two Battles Of The Week polls are created on Twitter. Each poll runs for a week.
- The Battle Ranker is only for the Modern Age of comics since ‘Crisis On Infinite Earths.’
- The Battle Ranker includes only characters of DC and Marvel since it is also a measure of popularity.
- For Marvel, only characters from the Earth-616 continuity are used. For DC, a composite of characters from different continuities are used such as Post-Crisis, Post-Flashpoint and Rebirth.
- The battles can be: hero vs hero, hero vs villain, villain vs team, hero vs team.
- To measure characters’ formidability and performance, points are assigned that take into account the Battles Of The Week wins and the Twitter poll wins. The point system is based on Fighting Skills.
- The goal of the Battle Ranker is to have a popular measure of a character’s formidability in comics. It is not about who is the most powerful. Rather, it is, who is the most formidable or the greatest warrior.
Below is the Battle Ranker Point System:
- CIVILIAN: 0 – 300 PTS. CAN DEFEAT 3 MEN IN COMBAT.
- BRAWLER: 301 – 600 PTS. CAN DEFEAT 4-6 MEN IN COMBAT.
- STREET FIGHTER: 601 – 1000 PTS. CAN DEFEAT 7-10 MEN IN COMBAT.
- COMBATANT: 1001 – 2000 PTS. CAN DEFEAT 11-20 MEN IN COMBAT.
- EXPERT COMBATANT: 2001 – 3000 PTS. CAN DEFEAT 21-30 MEN IN COMBAT.
- PEAK HUMAN: 3001 – 5000 PTS. CAN DEFEAT 31-50 MEN IN COMBAT.
- BLOODLUSTED: 5001 – 10000 PTS. CAN DEFEAT 51-100 MEN IN COMBAT.
- METAHUMAN: 10001 – 1000000 PTS. CAN DEFEAT 101-10000 MEN IN COMBAT. A SMALL TOWN.
- WARRIOR: 1000001 – 500000000 PTS. CAN DEFEAT 10001-50000001 MEN IN COMBAT. A COUNTRY.
- WARRIOR MADNESS: 500000001 – 10E15 PTS. CAN DEFEAT 50000001-10E13 MEN IN COMBAT. A PLANET. A CHAMPION.
- COSMIC: 10E15 – 10E21 PTS. CAN DEFEAT COSMIC FORCES. A COSMIC BEING.
- EXTRA-DIMENSIONAL: 10E21 – 10E30. CAN DEFEAT A UNIVERSE. A GOD. INVINCIBLE.
Once a character reaches 10E30, he is considered Invincible. This means the character will win every battle. Though this is not always the case in comics, this is important for head-to-head matchups giving the Invincible character 100 percent odds of winning. A loss would then be an upset.
On December 11th, were the Battle Ranker Entry Votes. On January 29th, the Battle Ranker Competition officially begins. There will be 5 rounds in total.
Entry Votes: Pool 200 characters: 100 from DC and 100 from Marvel.
If they are ties, I will select the characters with an overall victory in head-to-head battles in comics or the characters that have the higher Strength Level.
Rounds 1-3: For Rounds 1-3 only characters from Power Levels Solar System – Stellar, Stellar – Planetary, Mountain – City Block, Building – Metahuman compete. Characters from the Power Levels Universe – Galaxy and Galaxy – Solar System start out with 1,000,000 PTS each and do not compete in Rounds 1-3. Each character from Categories Solar System – Stellar, Stellar – Planetary, Mountain – City Block, Building – Metahuman starts out with 300 points. The Top 10 from the Battles Of The Week and the initial Battle Ranker start out with an already voted fighting skills level and thus, an already voted number of points.
Rounds 4-5: All characters compete.
Round 1: For 1,000 PTS.
Round 2: For 10,000 PTS.
Round 3: For 1,000,000 PTS. Multiply score by character’s Strength Level.
Round 4: For 1,000,000 PTS.
Round 5: For 1,000,000,000 PTS. Multiply score by character’s Energy Projection Level.
“Comicbook Database is a great site if you are a comic book fan! The Battles of the Week a great way to learn about the different power levels of the heroes, and a fun way to fancast some of the most wanted battles across comics.“
Brian Tudor, The Infamous Podcast