RELATIVES: KAL-EL (KRYPTONIAN GENETIC TEMPLATE), LEX LUTHOR (HUMAN GENETIC TEMPLATE)
BASE OF OPERATIONS: SMALLVILLE, METROPOLIS
AFFILIATION: TEEN TITANS, JLA RESERVE, TEAM SUPERMAN
HEIGHT: 5’7″ (1.78 M) MALE
WEIGHT: 150 LBS
Superboy was created by Project Cadmus. He was intended as replacement for Superman after he had died fighting Doomsday. Superboy was a clone of Superman and Lex Luthor.
Superboy was artificially aged to his teenage years and freed by the Newsboy Legion before complete control could be gained of him. He revealed himself to the world while stopping Sidearm from stealing money from an ATM machine.1
SUPERBOY BECOMES CONNER
Some time later, Superboy resumed work for Cadmus after becoming amnesiac. During that time, Superboy, Robin and Impulse set up Young Justice and became best friends.
Later, Superman invited Superboy to the Fortress of Solitude. He showed Superboy recordings of Krypton which pleased him. Superman told Superboy he considered him family and gave him the Kryptonian name Kon-El. Superboy accepted then changed the name to Conner as a civilian identity.2
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under a yellow sun, Superboy possesses the powers of a Kryptonian.
- Solar Energy Absorption.
- Enhanced Vision.
- Superhuman Stamina.
- Superhuman Strength.
- Superhuman Speed.
- Tactile Telekinesis:
- Vulnerability to Kryptonite.
- Vulnerability to Magic
- Vulnerability to Red Sun Radiation:
- Yellow Sun Processing: Superboy has a limit to his solar absorption ability.
- Arrogance: Superboy has inherited Lex Luthor’s arrogance which is a hubris for the Kryptonian.
- The Boy Of Steel.
- Smallville Attacks.
- Superboy And The Legion Of Superheroes.
- Titans/Young Justice: Graduation Day.
- Adventures of Superman #500.
- Superboy #59.