IN POWER LEVEL
THE DC HIERARCHY OF INTELLIGENCE HAS COLUANS AS ITS STANDARD
THE DC HIERARCHY OF INTELLIGENCE
IN “SUPERMAN’S TOP 10 MOST WANTED,” BRAINIAC IS LISTED AS A 12TH-LEVEL INTELLECT
- Shrinking entire cities into bottles.
- Creating impenetrable force-fields.
- Sending armies of Brainiac probes to invade planets.
- Telepathic attacks on the Justice League.
- Converting life into digital information on his Skull-ship.
- Creating a solar aggressor in order to detonate a sun.
- Displaying superhuman strength to hold his own against Superman.
- His Coluan brain can process the knowledge of “seventy times seven octodecillion beings.”1
THE ENTIRE 31ST CENTURY EARTH IS A 9TH LEVEL INTELLECT
SEVERAL KRYPTONIANS OF THE HOUSE OF EL ARE LISTED BY THE COLLECTOR AS 8TH LEVEL INTELLECTS
- Predicted the destruction of Krypton.
- Created Superman’s birthing matrix and rocketed him to Earth.
- Discovered the Phantom Zone and housed Kryptonian criminals there.
- Member of the Kryptonian Science Council.
- Survived the destruction of Krypton.
- Built the Fortress of Solitude.
- Built the super robots.
- Built the Vanishing device to open wormholes to Metropia, a pocket dimension in the Phantom Zone.
- Can operate the Phantom Zone projector.
- Built Jimmy Olsen’s signal watch.
- Memorized the entirety of the Miracle Machine in an instant.
- Can calculate air pressure when flying.
- Creates a serum to heal Mon-El of lead poisoning.
- Memorized a library of medical information in seconds.
- Articulated the Unified Field Equation.
- Located Krypton with his radar sense.
IN THE 21ST CENTURY, LEX LUTHOR IS THE HIGHEST RATED INTELLECT, BETWEEN A 7TH AND A 9TH-LEVEL INTELLECT
- Creates the Warsuit, a high powered mech armor/suit designed to take down Superman.
- Outhacked Brainiac.
- Turned the sun red in order to kill 100,000 Supermen.
- Created an alternate timeline with the Worlogog where Darkseid enslaved the Earth with the Anti-Life Equation.
- Created JLA duplicates with the Worlogog.
- Cured an incurable disease.
- Split Supergirl into Good Supergirl and Evil Supergirl.
- Hacked into the Hellbat armor, the most advanced tech on DC’s Earth.
- Hacked into the Justice League communications systems.
- Lex Luthor armed Superman with a syringe containing solar fuel that will cause him to explode with a 200 megaton blast, to stop an alien armada.
IN THE 21ST CENTURY, THE ENTIRE EARTH IS AT A 6TH-LEVEL INTELLECT
The 21st century Earth is connected by a network connecting machines and computers called the Internet.
Some pieces of technology more advanced than the Internet:
- The Batcomputer.
- The Justice League Watchtower.
- The Justice League Teleporter.
- Mister Terrific’s T-spheres.
- The Atom’s Bio Belt.
- Steel’s Steel Power Armor.
- Lex Luthor’s Warsuit.
- Flash’s Cosmic Treadmill.
- Batman’s Brother Eye.
- Superman’s Phantom Zone Projector.
- Wonder Woman’s Purple Healing Ray.
- Dr. Will Magnus’ Responsometer.
- The Thanagarian Absorbascon.
- T.O. Morrow’s Computer Forecaster.
GENIUSES ON 21ST CENTURY EARTH
The DC hierarchy of intelligence uses the Coluan system of intelligence. However, Earth continues to use the term “genius” to denote individuals with tremendous or superhuman intellectual capabilities. On Earth, there are different geniuses by category, specialty and capability.
These are individuals that are the apex of human achievement and have the resources to conquer the Earth, stop alien invasions and destabilize other planets. Their achievements in science, technology, business and politics involve power over a planet or the ability to conquer other alien races, and plan against/for universal catastrophes.
INVENTORS AND SCIENTIFIC GENIUSES
These individuals display tremendous scientific and technological achievements. They have specialties in robotics, engineering, physics, weaponry, science and invent advanced technology, weaponry and make contributions to science.
MR. TERRIFIC, THE ATOM, STEEL
These individuals are experts in multiple fields and are able to create revolutionary technology, solve problems at the local all the way to the universal scale, and also have enough planning to conquer the world, or the universe. They are experts in fields such as engineering, medicine, science, physics, chemistry and various forms of human skills such as planning, strategy, management and business.
BATMAN, VANDAL SAVAGE, JOKER
INVENTORS IN SPECIALIZED FIELDS
These individuals are extraordinary geniuses in their fields of expertise. They are inventors that made ground-breaking or revolutionary inventions and discoveries furthering human technology such as artificial intelligence, engineering and mathematics. They are geniuses in the true sense and are able to think in creative ways.
PROFESSOR IVO, DR. WILL MAGNUS, T.O. MORROW, HIRO OKAMURA, CYBORG
|Legion of Super-Heroes Vol 8 3 in DC Database.|
Action Comics Vol 2 3 in DC Database.
Action Comics Vol 2 7 in DC Database.
Superman Vol 3 15 in DC Database.
9 Questions About Lex Luthor, Answered in CBR.com.
- Action Comics #868.